Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Washing Dishes/Maintaining Cleanliness of Kitchen (65%)
- Wash dishes and utensils and help maintain the function and cleanliness of kitchen appliances
Food Preparation (25%)
- Prepare food as directed by Chef or Sous Chef as needed for specific events or programs
- Maintain clean and organized kitchen working area
- Assist with plating food during Events
Help Maintain Culinary Gardens (10%)
- As needed: water, harvest from and help maintain culinary gardens
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Must have worked as a prep cook/dishwasher for at least three years, or have equitable experience
Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – C, Walk – F, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – F, Reaching Outward – F, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – O, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – F, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less, C
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, F
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Indoors and outdoors, occasionally exposed to inclement weather.
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)
Serve Safe Certified or Equivalent Thereof