Essential Duties and Responsibilities
50% Support Services:
- Provide exceptional customer service by telephone, email, and in person, taking ownership of all issues reported and assigned to you. Maintain constant communication with customers to follow-up on open issues while keeping tickets updated on progress to ensure peers can provide additional support when necessary.
- Field incoming technical issue. Troubleshoot hardware, software, and telecommunications (data/voice) issues.
- Input reported issues in detail (system configuration, summary of issue, resolution, etc.) in ticketing system.
- Interface with internal resources and vendors to bring escalated issues to resolution. Take lead on issues when necessary and/or instructed.
- Perform software builds on desktop/laptop computers and communication devices. This includes operating systems and associated patches.
- Perform updates on server and network when necessary.
- Perform installation/de-installation of required hardware and software; provide specifications for the configuration of systems, applications, and other technical details when necessary.
- Perform installation/de-installation of voice and network cables. This includes labeling and validation of proper installation and/or connection.
- Analyze and monitor server security and implement patches and fixes to address potential security holes.
- Provide hardware and operating system support for the corporate and field computer systems environment
- Recommend upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment.
15% Departmental Operations:
- Train team members on new hardware or software
- Maintain department documented procedures (SOP, Checklist, etc)
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Maintain records of all hardware and software assets distributed from the department.
15% Business Operations:
- Assist in keeping business software systems operational.
- Monitor business software systems and assist in problem-solving issues that arise.
10% Network Support Services:
- Provide support to Manager, IT Systems & Services to make sure the networks are available to all authorized users. Analysts perform the required maintenance to ensure that the network is available, safe, and secure at all times. They monitor and test the performance of any organizational website to ensure that is functioning correctly.
- Maintain records concerning network performance, maintenance and repairs. Includes monitoring of backups are happening on a regular basis.
- Coordinate regular cyber-security training for network users.
10% Special Projects:
- Take lead on special projects when assigned by management.
- Participate in project meetings and assist in project task when necessary.
- Research and recommend approaches for system administration tasks.
Supervisory Responsibilities: While this position does not have any direct reports, the IT Analyst II may be required to manage contractors and vendors to ensure that the proper and appropriate work is done and that FFCP standards and practices are followed.
- 5 Years’ experience working in a networked business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Help Desk call tracking software.
- Telecommunications support experience is a plus.
- Apple experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have excellent phone and e-mail etiquette.
- Advanced hands-on experience working on desktop computers in a networked Windows environment.
- Advance knowledge with Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to be effective using internet and intranet for work related research and to keep up with industry trends and standards and experienced in interacting with software/hardware vendors.
- Previous experience participating in a project environment.
- Installation/de-installation of computer hardware/software, cables, and telecommunications equipment.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to develop a skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Ability to travel frequently to other sites and must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier. Reliable transportation a must.
- Able to provide 24X7 rotational on-call support and willing to be issued a mobile device to respond to calls in a timely manner.