Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tray Passing abilities (30%)
- Should be proficient in tray passing wine (flutes and stemmed wine glasses) for extended periods of time..
- Must be able to tray pass hors d’evores and understand the menu for allergy conflicts for extended periods of time.
- Should be proficient as tray passing coffee service tableside.
- Pour and present wine/water (20%)
- Should be proficient present bottle for wine service and pour beside guests on the table as well as wine bar service.
- Should be proficient in pouring water tableside for seated guests.
- Food Service (30%)
- Must be able to carry plates level from the kitchen to seated guests.
- Must be able to clear tables and plates with a team, using a service tray at times.
- Must show friendly and welcoming demeanor to guests and fellow staff.
- Room Preparation and Presentation (20%)
- Must be able to set chairs and square table settings.
- Must be able to polish stemware and flatware for place settings.
- Must be able to follow directions on table set-up and breakdown.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent. CA Food Handler’s Certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of wine and fine dining service. Must be able to walk briskly while holding plate/trays.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – F, Walk – O, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – O, Reaching Outward – O, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – N, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – O, Working at the computer - N
10 lbs or Less, O
11 – 20 lbs, O
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, O
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, N
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Work Environment: Must be 18+ and must be able to work late nights at times.
Other: CA Safe Food Handler’s Certification.