Job Title: Reservations & Outreach Coordinator
Date: July 22, 2022
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Reports to: Tasting Room Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for promotion, sales and booking of reservations for Inglenook experiences and providing support (administrative, telephone and concierge) to the Tasting Room management and hospitality staff.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reservations/Guest Experience bookings (65%)
- Answer incoming calls, voicemails, and emails within 24 hours of the next business day.
- Field guests’ and trade inquiries, providing correct information and selling tours, assisting with Heritage Society reservations.
- If unable to accommodate a guest’s initial request, attempt to book them on another experience or if appropriate, refer them to the Events Department
- Work with other departments (ie Production or Events) to ensure spaces that are not normally used for tastings (ie winery or South Barrel Room) are available for use.
- Enter all required details into reservations management system and coordinate details with all associated employees/departments to ensure necessary staffing and venues.
- Processes credit card authorization form and provide all guests with cancellation policy.
- Prepare daily reservation sheet, coordinating details with Tasting Room leadership to distribute to staff.
- Create, deliver & update reservation information with guests via email, fax or phone
- Maintain final copies of correspondence or other printed materials to ensure current and complete information is readily available and accessible.
- Support management team in booking luxury brand businesses (including but not limited to hotels, bed & breakfasts, wineries, tour companies, high end fractional, top corporations) to introduce or further develop their understanding of Inglenook to encourage their guests to visit/drive sales.
- Schedule trade and VIP tours with Sales team, Coppola family & executives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners in the local, Bay Area hospitality industry. Keep updated contact information with description and status of relationship on shared drive for others to access.
- Answer inquiries, offer suggestions, and provide descriptive literature information pertaining to the guest experience at Inglenook
- Create and maintain Inglenook listings on travel, marketing, event and industry websites
- Assist in creating promotional information for Tasting Room events and offerings.
Administrative and Concierge Support (25%)
- Greet guests at concierge desk, provide information and sell Inglenook experiences, wines and retail merchandise.
- Provide floor coverage and back up for Chateau Hospitality staff when needed/directed by TR management.
- Provide monthly reports on private tours/tastings booked, leads for continued wine sales, tour sales projections for upcoming month(s) or other reports as requested.
- Update TR management on experience feedback and make recommendations to enhance and improve the tours based on guest comments.
- Work with TR management, Directors/VP and Art Department on Inglenook collateral to promote guest and event business. Send out periodic informational/sales email blasts to contact list.
- Responsible for remaining informed about Inglenook, Napa Valley wine community, and alcohol service standards.
- Other projects as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: (List the types of jobs that report to this position and the estimated # of incumbents.) N/A
Job Requirements: (Please indicate the minimum required.)
Education/Experience: High School diploma or GED and one to two years administrative experience in the hospitality field required. Strong computer and organizational skills are a must. Excellent attention to detail and customer service.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- POS proficient in Korona or similar system
- Knowledge of Napa Valley and vicinity amenities
- Knowledge of wine and wine making techniques at Inglenook and other major wine regions of the world.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – O, Walk – F, Sit – F, Handling/Fingering – F, Reaching Outward – F, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – N, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – O, Working at the computer - F
10 lbs or Less, C
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, F
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, O
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, N
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Work Environment: Indoors and outdoors, occasionally exposed to inclement weather
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)
California Food Handler Card certified
All employees shall follow safe practices according to the Injury and Illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.