- Safety and Security: (80%)
- Responsible for keeping the property and buildings secure. Provides 24/7 on call support for emergencies.
- Performs daily security rounds on the estate. Checks and ensures that all doors and windows are functioning correctly and are secure. Replenishes the safety supply cabinets as needed.
- Oversees the fire and burglar alarm systems. Manages all keys and locks. Ensures proper day to day operation.
- Coordinates the fire pump, sprinkler systems, fall protection, fire extinguishers and ANSUL system preventative maintenance. Ensures proper testing and regulatory requirements are in place. Updates annual service and maintenance contracts.
- Manages security company contracts. Maintains security files and records. Issues keys and security codes to employees.
- Responsible for maintaining the company radio system. Communicates with vendors and keeps inventory of radios and chargers.
- Communicates and plans for safety and security related expenses in the maintenance budget.
- Works directly with parts and service suppliers to obtain parts and services to keep safety and security equipment in good working order.
- Responds to employee and guest emergencies and enlists the aid of the appropriate agency (Fire department, Ambulance, Sheriff) as needed.
- Writes and delivers company-wide email communications related to construction activities, safety, initiatives, and security concerns.
- Completes incident and accident investigations. Delivers communication to management team.
- Leads monthly safety meeting and delivers OSHA required safety training. Sets high goals for training compliance and reports out on metrics.
- May be asked to greet and direct guests to designated areas on property. Sets a good example with respect to guest communication and appearance.
Other Duties: (20%)
- Manages hunter rules and communication during hunting seasons.
- Oversee Inglenook’s Hazardous materials business plan (HMBP) with the county of Napa.
- Liaison for fire department during fire related emergencies.
- Supports maintenance team with projects as needed.
- May be responsible for supervising on-call security staff, if needed.
- Education/Experience: three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Volunteer Fire fighter, EMT trained highly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret OSHA and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write incident reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization skills.
- Ability manage and prioritize projects under tight time constraints.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – F, walk – F, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – C, Reaching Outward – C, Reaching Above Shoulder – F, Climb – O, Crawl – O, Squat or Kneel –F, Bend – F, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less, C
11 – 20 lbs, C
21 – 50 lbs, F
51 – 100 lbs, O
Over 100 lbs, O
12 lbs or Less, C
13-25 lbs, C
26-40 lbs, F
41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)