Essential Duties and Responsibilities
70% Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Maintain accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Manage corporate accounting for various small companies
- Cash management for multiple companies
- Reconcile balance sheet account activity monthly for multiple companies
- Prepare monthly accruals and amortizations
- Journal entry posting and subsidiary ledger posting/reconciliation to GL.
- Setup of new vendors and customers into ERP System.
- Assist with annual tax preparation workpapers for multiple companies.
- Support monthly financial analysis and review of financials and annual budget process for international resorts
- Support film participation accounting including guild residual calculations and participation statements
- Ensure integrity of accounting and financial information.
- Review and approve reports, reconciliations, schedules, analysis and other data as necessary to ensure accuracy of financial information.
- Serve as backup for Fixed Asset Accounting including, placing new assets into service, facilitate capital project approval process, prepare Fixed Asset and Depreciation schedules.
30% Other Projects:
- Provide accounting support for film productions, restoration projects, and other film projects, as needed.
- Support of accounting system and selection of new accounting system.
- Participate in annual insurance renewal and serve as Company contact for insurance claims.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may serve as the backup to the various positions in the event of an absence.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. /B.S.) in accounting or equivalent from four-year college or technical school.
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required. CPA licensure is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office; demonstrated Excel knowledge required; JDE, Concur, bLoyal, Ricotta, Reserve Interactive and Dinerware a plus.
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, carriers, coworkers and management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree and standard of confidentiality.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral and Written- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing tasks.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-O, Walk-O, Sit-C, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-O, Reaching Above Shoulder-O, Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-C
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs