Equity Statement: All employees shall embrace the unique contributions based on the diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, experiences, and identities of each individual as we actively create and promote a company culture that is inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of all people.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or Human Resources.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning Duties: (90%)
- Make beds and change sheets.
- Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using baskets.
- Clean rooms, hallways, restrooms, corridors, elevators and stairways.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Wash windows, door panels, sills, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Hang draperies, and dust window blinds.
- Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware.
- Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Assist in event set up and meal service
- Participate in garden harvesting, washing of produce and meal preparation
- Replace light bulbs.
- Move and arrange furniture and turn mattresses.
- Storage and Inventory: (5%)
- Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
- Replenish supplies such as linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Keep storage areas well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Running Errands & Miscellaneous: (5%)
- Run errands such as taking laundry to the cleaners and buying groceries.
- Complete special tasks and projects as needed at the request of the family and supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: (List the types of jobs that report to this position and the estimated # of incumbents.)
Job Requirements: (Please indicate the minimum required.)
Education/Experience: One to three years related experience and/or training
Skills: Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task. Ability to manage and prioritize projects under tight time constraints. Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented. Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, carriers, coworkers and management. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to communicate and understand direction in English language preferred. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, move, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – F, Walk – F, Sit – F, Handling/Fingering – O, Reaching Outward – O, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – O, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – O, Working at the computer - F
10 lbs or Less, F
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, O
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, N
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Indoors and outdoors, occasionally exposed to inclement weather.
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)
Valid Driver’s License required.