Essential Duties and Responsibilities
50% Manage and Support IT Infrastructure and Services:
- Partner with Managed Service Provider to manage all aspects of the Company IT infrastructure, including but not limited to all servers (physical and virtual), network hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points), Telephone systems, physical and logical network topologies, file systems, data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of Company Cloud-based Systems for data and programs.
- Provide exceptional customer service by telephone, email, and in person, taking ownership of all issues reported and assigned to you. Follow-up on open issues while keeping tickets updated on progress to ensure peers can provide additional support when necessary.
- Partner with MSP to field incoming technical issues. Troubleshoot hardware, software, and telecommunications (data/voice) issues.
- Input reported issues in detail (system configuration, summary of issue, resolution, etc.) in ticketing system.
- Interface with internal resources and vendors to bring escalated issues to resolution. Take lead on issues when necessary and/or instructed.
- Perform software builds on desktop/laptop computers and communication devices. This includes operating systems and associated patches.
- Perform updates on server and network when necessary.
- Perform installation/de-installation of required hardware and software; provide specifications for the configuration of systems, applications, and other technical details when necessary.
- Perform installation/de-installation of voice and network cables. This includes labeling and validation of proper installation and/or connection.
- Analyze and monitor server security and implement patches and fixes to address potential security holes.
- Provide hardware and operating system support for the corporate and field computer systems environment
- Recommend upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment.
25% Manage Business Software Systems
- Ensure business software systems are operational and kept up to date.
- Troubleshoot business software systems as needed.
- Identify areas for improvement of business software systems and work with management team to implement.
- Maintain records concerning network performance, maintenance and repairs. Includes monitoring of backups are happening on a regular basis.
15% Departmental Operations:
- Maintain department documented procedures (SOP, Checklist, etc)
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Maintain records of all hardware and software assets distributed from the department.
- Coordinate regular cyber-security training for network users.
10% Special Projects:
- Take lead on special projects when assigned by management.
- Participate in project meetings and assist in project task when necessary.
- Research and recommend approaches for system administration tasks.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The IT Systems and Services Manager will manage contractors and vendors to ensure that the proper and appropriate work is done and that Company standards and practices are followed. The IT Systems and Services Manager should consistently demonstrate outstanding customer service and dedication to getting the job done; and be a leader for your peers.
- Minimum five years experience demonstrating problem analysis resolution, escalation and follow-up in an IT Help Desk, or problem coordination capacity.
- Proven success in supporting Windows 10 computers and applications in a networked business environment.
- Five years experience managing and maintaining a Microsoft Windows network infrastructure.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking, LAN/WAN protocols and the OSI model.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 2-year proven leadership, communication and organizational skills to lead people in customer service related field and execute work activities that meet performance standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service and work well with all levels within the organization.
- Must be team oriented and able to handle multiple demands, meeting deadlines with a high level of accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Balance multiple, dynamic and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to travel frequently to other sites and must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.