Job Title: Event Coordinator
Date: June 14, 2022
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Reports to: Event Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting in the planning, preparation and production of all events. Coordinates with Event Manager, Estate Chef, clients, vendors, and Inglenook staff for the successful execution of events. Administrative support to Event Department, as well as the Chateau Hospitality team as needed. The Event Coordinator will implement and maintain fine service operations and standards. Additional responsibilities will include maintaining event inventory, returning phone calls, receiving deliveries, event set up and break down and tracking labor.
At Inglenook, we foster a dedication to excellent service with attention to detail, communication, and practice that always keeps us excited, while providing the best experience for our guests. We are looking for people who continuously want to learn and grow as a team.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the Injury and Illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee, Security and Safety Coordinator or People Operations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equity Statement: All employees shall embrace the unique contributions based on the diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, experiences, and identities of each individual as we actively create and promote a company culture that is inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of all people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Planning and Administration: (60%)
- Liaise with clients during all stages on the event. Answer phone and email inquiries and maintain correspondence with vendors.
- Conduct and/or coordinate on-site inspections with clients and vendors as needed.
- Create BEOs and all necessary event documents to include processing and recording all event payments in Reserve, create schematics and set up/breakdown checklists and server packets.
- Maintain and update the Events calendars
- Create a monthly TR signup sheet for all events where TR staff is needed; review weekly.
- Place order/coordinate delivery or pick up of food for staff meals, Coffee Day, and other meetings as needed.
- Assist with all internal, Heritage Society, and family events as needed including managing RSVPS, ordering staff meals, coordinating any delivery or pick up of necessary items and equipment.
- Assist in creating sales and marketing collateral for Event Department.
- Work with the Event Manager and/or Event Captain to ensure all details of the event are fulfilled.
- Assist the Event Manager with special projects as needed.
- Order all office supplies for the department, ensuring the office supply area is clean and well stocked.
Event Operations: (40%)
- Supervise and act as event lead for all events, acting as Host/Captain when needed.
- Assist the Event Manager as needed with event set up and breakdown.
- Receive rental orders and pickups and oversee vendor installations and strikes.
- Organize storage areas for utensils/equipment/supplies, conduct quarterly inventory and maintain established par levels.
- Evaluate vendors and products for best quality and cost effectiveness.
- Determine and track wine allocation for each event, ordering wine when necessary from Biagi.
- Determine rental needs and order rentals and equipment as needed.
- optimize use of all in-house equipment and supplies, ensuring they are properly maintained and consolidate rental orders when necessary, to use for multiple events.
- Prepare, review and process purchase orders and/or invoices weekly.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education/Experience: High School Diploma required. Possess 5+ years of Hospitality Operations and/or Event Planning experience. Knowledge of ReServe software is desired, as well as prior tableside service skills. Computer Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet & POS Proficiency in RMS or similar system is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Communication, Oral and Written – Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- Knowledge of wine and wine making techniques at Inglenook and other major wine regions of the world
- Computer Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel), Internet, Lotus Notes and RMS; Knowledge of ReServe or event software useful
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – F, Walk – F, Sit – F, Handling/Fingering – O, Reaching Outward – O, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – O, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – O, Working at the computer - F
10 lbs or Less, F
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, O
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, N
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Indoors and outdoors, occasionally exposed to inclement weather.
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)
TiPS certified in Responsible Beverage Training
California Food Handler Certification