Job Summary: (State briefly, in one or two sentences, the principal purpose of this position.)
The General Maintenance Worker keeps premises of Winery, main estate, and all grounds buildings in clean, orderly and maintained condition. May also participate in re-model and building projects as necessary.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equity Statement: All employees shall embrace the unique contributions based on the diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, experiences, and identities of each individual as we actively create and promote a company culture that is inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of all people.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the Injury and Illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (List the primary duties and responsibilities that are a critical part of this job. For each major responsibility, indicate the estimated percentage of time spent.)
- Trades: (40%)
- Electrical, changing outlets, switches, fixtures. Setting timers. Creating new electrical runs.
- Plumbing, Changing fixtures, roto-rooting. Copper, abs, PVC installation/repair as needed.
- Adjusting doors, cabinets, windows. Helper in new projects and woodworking in shop.
- Changing filters, setting thermostats and making adjustments as needed.
- Equipment Operations: (30%)
- Operating of equipment on property to include:
- Man Lift
- Roller and grader
- Forklift once qualified for this property.
- Maintenance Duties: (15%)
- Polishes metalwork.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies, cleans and monitors public restroom areas.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments; drives forklift once certified.
- Sets up tables and chairs in Chateau as needed by Tasting Room or Events departments.
- May be required to work special events as maintenance support, as needed.
- May be required to work with grounds maintenance team, as needed.
- Cleaning Duties: (15%)
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, woodwork, and trim.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, and other work areas.
Supervisory Responsibilities: (List the types of jobs that report to this position and the estimated # of incumbents.)
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; but certain “Lead” positions may provide work leadership to entry level maintenance workers and/or have designated areas of the property in which they are the “lead” to work being performed.
Job Requirements: (Please indicate the minimum required.)
Education/Experience: High school education or equivalent; or up to three years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
10 lbs or Less
11 – 20 lbs
21 – 50 lbs
51 – 100 lbs
Reaching Above Shoulder
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or Less
Squat or Kneel
13 – 25 lbs
26 – 40 lbs
Working at the computer
41 – 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)
- Must be certified to drive/operate a forklift; in house training and certification will be completed as necessary to comply with Cal-OSHA regulations.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License and clean DMV record required