Job Summary: Francis Coppola’s Domaine de Broglie seeks energetic and enthusiastic candidate for a lead position within our Hospitality department. This position will assist in leading a dynamic team in our high-volume tasting room. The primary functions of this position are to promote the sales of wine and non-wine merchandise, enhance company image and provide exceptional customer service, and be able to work weekends and holidays.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Supervisors and Leads are fundamentally responsible for ensuring safety in their own departments and to uphold the following safety standards:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward safety.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner and all safety rules, regulations and instructions are in compliance.
- Report and investigate workplace injuries in a timely manner; identifies ways to eliminate risk of reoccurrence; complete audits; conduct monthly safety meetings and trainings; maintain compliance with hazardous materials program; inform/train new employees on specific safety aspects and procedures with the department and location; participate in monthly management safety meetings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate and lead the team by setting the example of expected behavior and performance.
- Drive company focus, manage culture, encourage a strong work ethic, and foster an environment of trust and respect.
- Solve problems to restore and promote good public relations and a positive work environment.
- Communicate and support company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Compile documentation of incidents and action taken.
- Assist with writing annual performance evaluations for tasting staff.
- Ensure you are consistent in communicating with the team on the floor, your peers, and your manager.
- Maintain a consistent level of professionalism in all your communication; verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Effectively oversee the daily operations of the tasting room.
- Help train and provide mentorship to the hospitality staff to encourage and maximize their potential.
- Communicate staff performance accomplishments and concerns to your manager.
- Represent the winery and the company at public and industry functions as requested.
- Supervise staff when manager is not present.
40% Sales and Service:
- Educate guests on wine, winemaking techniques, and wine history.
- Greet guests promptly and warmly; over the phone and in person
- Actively promote the sale of our wine, experiences, retail merchandise, and events.
- Answer inquiries, offer suggestions and provide information regarding our property, special events and local attractions.
- Ensure messaging is consistent and is in line with direction given by your manager.
- Communicate all guest concerns, complaints, or suggestions to your manager.
- Keep up-to-date with OLCC regulation and adhering to established policies and procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Facilitate shipping to customers and meet all compliance and regulatory requirements of wine shipments.
- Uphold customer service policies, procedures, and practices.
- Act as staff resource for facts and information on general company and wine knowledge.
- Create a welcoming environment for everyone who walks through our door and treat everyone with respect.
- Present the benefits of the Academy program to guests, contributing to the growth of the wine club and obtaining goals.
- Conduct various levels of tours including daily public tours, trade/VIP tours, pre-arranged group tours, and vineyard tours.
- Manage multiple groups at a time, keeping track of their tastings and anticipating their needs.
- Monitor guests for intoxication and adhere to OLCC guidelines.
30% Daily Operations:
- Ensure smooth daily operations; including effective and appropriate communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day, and overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Work as a team with other associates to reach set daily and monthly sales targets.
- Assist management in coordinating breaks.
- Assist with inventory.
- Assist in training new team members.
- Enforce and maintain property cleanliness according to established standards.
- Accurately process transactions on register system.
- Assist with cash handling duties including deposits, making change, and creating reports.
- Assist in developing strategies to increase visitor-ship, sales per transaction and other metrics that help to grow the business.
- Prepare cheese and charcuterie boards to company standards and adhere to food safety guidelines.
- Pack and prepare member wine allocations and occasional shipments.
- Assist with social media strategy.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Wine knowledge and passion for wine.
- Strong sales background.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in basic database management, MS Office, (Word, Excel), Internet, RMS.
- Weekends, Holidays, and some evenings required.
- Embrace a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Ability to work outside during the warm months.
- Must provide proof of a temporary OLCC Alcohol Service Permit upon hire and a 5-year OLCC Alcohol Service Permit within 45 days of employment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Oregon Food Handlers Card required within 30 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-C Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.