Purchasing : (70%)
- Coordinates purchase and tracking of packaging materials (glass, corks, capsules and labels) to meet bottling schedules at all production locations.
- Coordinates and tracks inventory repacks and packaging logistics with warehouse
- Purchases selected packaging materials within standard cost guidelines.
- Creates purchase orders for approval and transmit to vendor
- Manages requirements and transportation of packaging from outside storage locations to bottling locations.
- Responsible for the logistics and inventory control of packaging materials.
- Places reorders with suppliers, tracks orders, and communicates with various departments on status of incoming merchandise.
- Reconciles damages and order discrepancies with suppliers.
- Processes approved supply, merchandise and wine orders for multiple locations
- Communicates status of orders to requesting parties and freight forwarders.
- Procures marketing collateral.
- Sources supplies
Shipping and receiving (20%)
- Point of contact for shipping requests, receipts and courier pickups and deliveries
- Point of contact for shipping and receiving email and phone correspondence
- Processing inbound and outbound receipts as needed
- Coordinates international shipments. Ensures timely delivery of items to freight forwarder and prepares necessary documentation for customs clearance. Communicates shipment updates
- Produces accurate labels and documentation for export orders.
- Assists with warehouse organization and inventory
- Assist with small rework projects
- Supply technical sheets as needed and organize tech sheet folder on the server
Special Projects (10%)
- Supports seasonal bottling activity
- Assists with other projects as needed
- Assist with barrel tracking
- Assist with storm water sampling, reporting, and program
- Assist with small rework projects
- Other projects as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Requirements: (Please indicate the minimum required.)
Education/Experience: BS or BA in Business or relevant degree or equivalent experience plus 1 – 2 years of prior experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Consensus Building – Ability to bring about solidarity in a group.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – O, Walk – O, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – O, Reaching Outward – O, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – N, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – O, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less, O
11 – 20 lbs, O
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, O
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, N
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)