Job Title: Wine Barista
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Reports to: Tasting Room Assistant Manager
Job Summary: This position provides Bistro guests with the finest service, while imparting proficient knowledge of the wines and vineyards, incorporating the rich history of the Estate. The Bistro Associate will promote the Inglenook brand, while working with the rest of the Hospitality team to ensure every guest receives the optimal Inglenook experience. Every employee is an ambassador for the Estate.
Equity Statement: All employees shall embrace the unique contributions based on the diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, experiences, and identities of each individual as we actively create and promote a company culture that is inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of all people.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the Injury and Illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to the guests’ needs by knowledgeably assisting in wine selections and pairings, selling wines by the glass or bottle, coffee, and other non-wine beverages.
- Assist in resolving guests’ inquiries or comments by listening to guests’ needs, taking into consideration appropriate options and elevating to manager if not resolved directly within this process.
- Provide guests with information about the Estate and other guest experience opportunities.
- Expertly discuss both wine and non-wine products with guests in order to promote sales
- As needed, assist guests with wine and food pairing choices
- Facilitate and execute sales and shipping orders by processing transactions on POS, wrapping merchandise, processing forms for shipment.
- Keep up-to-date with ABC regulation, adhering to established company policies and procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Keep up-to-date with reciprocal shipping laws and adhering to established policies regarding the shipment of wine.
- Take and fulfill guest orders indoors and outdoors, bussing and cleaning tables.
- Assist guest with transporting purchases to their vehicle.
- Open wine bottles, tastes wine before serving to guest for quality assurance.
- Assist Hospitality Support with the daily set up and breakdown of Bistro seating as needed.
- Stock and maintenance of displays, samples and supplies.
- Maintain visual aesthetic and cleanliness of Bistro- both on the floor and behind the bar.
- Assist and maintain daily inventory and order processing of wine to replenish stock throughout Chateau.
- Assist with quarterly wine and non-wine inventory as needed.
Chateau Hospitality (10%)
- Support guest experiences throughout Chateau as needed:
- Tastings – conduct educational tastings for guests and assist Chateau Hospitality and other staff members with set up and breakdown as needed
- Tours – assist Wine Educators as needed
- Host – greet guests, answer phones, provide information and promote sale of guest experiences
- Retail – provide guests with information about non-wine products and facilitate sales
- Events – support event staff with tours, tastings, wine service and sales during receptions and dinners
- Other Special Projects as directed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; but may provide work development into leadership opportunities or additional responsibilities.
Education/Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and one years’ experience presenting and selling premium Napa Valley wines. Retail or restaurant experience preferred. Must be at least age 21 to serve alcohol.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- POS proficient -in RMS or similar system.
- Knowledge of Napa Valley and vicinity amenities.
- Knowledge of wine and wine making techniques at Inglenook and other major wine regions of the world.
Salary Range: $ 18 - $19.50
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – C, Walk – F, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – F, Reaching Outward – F, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – O, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – F, Working at the computer - O
- 10 lbs or Less, C
- 11 – 20 lbs, F
- 21 – 50 lbs, F
- 51 – 100 lbs, N
- Over 100 lbs, N
- 12 lbs or Less, F
- 13-25 lbs, O
- 26-40 lbs, O
- 41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
- Sense of Touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Work Environment: Indoors and outdoors, occasionally exposed to inclement weather.
California RBS Certified
California Food Handle Card certified