Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service & Club Operations: (40%)
- Provide exceptional customer service to members via the phone, e-mail and in person, including answering incoming calls and emails, and returning phone messages, to encourage member retention.
- Manage membership accounts within our systems, including entering new memberships, updating personal information and membership status to ensure systems accuracy.
- Promote member sign-ups, upgrades and retention with staff, visitors and current members educating them on the privileges and obligations of membership. Keep staff and members apprised of upcoming shipments, membership changes and developments
- Resolve customer complaints, encourage member reservations and sell experiences and work 3-6 membership events per year as a department representative.
- Resolve decline credit cards.
- Make recommendations for new and improved processes.
- Assist in launch and promotion of new clubs as needed.
Hospitality Sales, Promotion and Support: (30%)
- Promote telephone sales and input orders when possible.
- Coordinate and maintain monthly eCommerce promotions with Manager, Tasting Room Manager and Estate President
- Write copy and select images for eCommerce email promotions and submit for approval.
- Upload final eCommerce email promotions into Bronto system and send to specified lists.
- Process transactions and ship orders on register system, facilitate special orders and wrap gifts as needed.
- Keep abreast of merchandise and wine information, pricing and availability.
- Adhere to ABC regulations and established procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages. Adhere to current shipping laws and policies.
- Serve wine to guests in accordance with company policy, enhance visitor experience with friendly and informational discussion and service to promote wine and merchandise sales. Assist in resolving guest complaints by understanding their needs, taking into consideration appropriate options and elevating complaints to managers when appropriate.
- Support Reservations by assisting customers with reservations inquiries and bookings using Reserve software.
Administrative Support & Logistics: (30%)
- Assist with club shipment execution, including charging credit cards, ensuring order compliance, facilitating special requests, and troubleshooting shipping issues.
- Coordinate club shipment details to the fulfillment center, including delivering collateral and wine in a timely manner.
- Assist with monthly wine inventory and left-over wine redistribution.
- Prepare and proofread member communications and collateral, including new member packets, cancellation letters and mass emails.
- Update membership reports and track metrics for monthly review with Manager and Estate President.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years customer focused orientation with experience as a customer service representative or wine club coordinator or comparable position, with proven ability to provide exceptional customer service. Experience with database maintenance, social media campaigns and email marketing platforms. Wine knowledge, passion, or experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or ideal.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – O, Walk – O, Sit – C, Handling/Fingering – C, Reaching Outward – C, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – N, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel – O, Bend – O, Working at the computer - C
10 lbs or Less, O
11 – 20 lbs, O
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, O
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Work Environment: Most of the time work is performed in an office environment, with occasional work outside assisting in managing events for Wine Club members.
Other: The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.