Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance: (40%)
- Performs electrical troubleshooting, changes outlets, switches, fixtures and sets timers. Installs conduit and pulls wire for new circuits and equipment. Knowledge of NEC highly desired.
- Maintains existing plumbing and performs repairs and new installations as needed. Must be able to work with Copper, Galvanized, PEX, ABS and PVC.
- Diagnoses HVAC systems, makes minor repairs on compressors, evaporators, condensers, and other system components. Adjusts settings, charges systems and change filters. Must also possess understanding of gas and electric heaters, and evaporative coolers.
- Helps control costs and ensures budgets stay on track. Makes recommendations to lower costs.
- Helps to schedule contractors and works side by side with them, communicates planned contractor activities and sets expectations with stakeholders.
- Ensures infrastructure performance through daily monitoring and adjustment. Improves upon routines.
- Carpentry: (40%)
- Skilled in all facets of carpentry. Can install and repair doors, cabinets, windows, and trim, performs demo / teardown, framing, drywall, concrete, and flooring. Capable of building stairs, mantels, and moldings.
- Works closely with architects and engineers. Skilled at home construction. Can read and understand blueprints and make recommendations as needed to the building process and chosen materials. Liaises with local building officials and understands building codes.
- Helps to source and schedule outside experts and specialized trades where needed. Communicates the daily planned activities and sets expectations for them. Works side by side with others for shared productive outcomes.
- Ensures project’s goals are met through daily monitoring and adjustment. Notifies others of potential issues and corrective actions.
- Provides mentorship to laborers and helpers as needed. Can prepare layouts and provides direction to others as needed.
- Knowledge of older construction techniques and materials is highly desired. Attention to detail as well as accurate replication and preservation of historic structures is a must.
- Equipment operations: (10%)
- Must be skilled at equipment operation. To include man-lifts, booms, forklifts, graders, rollers, back-hoes, excavators, and dump trucks.
- Other Duties: (10%)
- Replaces light bulbs, moves tables, furniture, and other items around the estate.
- Transports packages and makes deliveries to the right people. Drives forklift.
- Sets up and breaks down for evens. May be required to work events as maintenance support.
- Can be required to work with groundskeeping team.
- Can be required to drive for VIP guests.
- 5 years of experience in Facilities Maintenance and 8 - 10 years of experience in Construction.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – F, Walk – F, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – C, Reaching Outward – C, Reaching Above Shoulder – F, Climb – O, Crawl – O, Squat or Kneel – F, Bend – F, Working at a Computer - O.
10 lbs or less - C
11 – 20 lbs - C
21 – 50 lbs - F
51 – 100 lbs - F
Over 100 lbs - O
12 lbs or less - C
13-25 lbs - C
26-40 lbs - F
41-100 lbs - O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (Machinery and tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch (Sanding and Polishing)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)