Job Summary: Responsible for helping maintain the consistency, authenticity and quality of the food prepared at Inglenook for the Events Department and Tasting Room programs on an on-call, as needed basis. Help with prep and execution with lunch and dinner special events, prepare cheese and charcuterie platters for wine tastings, maintain cleanliness of kitchen and kitchen appliances and assist with the culinary garden.
Equity Statement: All employees shall embrace the unique contributions based on the diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, experiences, and identities of each individual as we actively create and promote a company culture that is inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of all people.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the Injury and Illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- (60%) Cooking and Kitchen Work
- Prepare food as directed by Chef as needed for specific events or programs
- Maintain clean and organized kitchen working area
- Help with maintaining culinary aspect of tasting room operations including but not limited to: Private Tours and Tastings, Cheese and Charcuterie Platters for VIP guests
- (30%) Cleaning/Washing
- Responsible for helping with washing, cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining all kitchen equipment, work areas and utensils to meet health code standards
- (10%) Culinary Garden
- Help with planting, harvesting and general garden maintenance in the Inglenook culinary garden
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Hourly Salary Range: $22 - $25
Education/Experience: Must have worked as a cook for at least three years, or have equitable experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – O, Walk – O, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – O, Reaching Outward – O, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – N, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – O, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less, F
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, F
51 – 100 lbs, O
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, F
13-25 lbs, F
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Other: Currently Serve Safe certified or the equivalent thereof