Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- (60%) Cooking and Kitchen Work
- Prepare food as directed by Chef or Sous Chef as needed for specific events or programs
- Maintain clean and organized kitchen working area
- Help with maintaining culinary aspect of tasting room operations including but not limited to: Private Tours and Tastings, Cheese and Charcuterie Platters for VIP guests, Snacks served in Bistro
- (30%) Cleaning/Washing
- Responsible for helping with washing, cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining all kitchen equipment, work areas and utensils to meet health code standards
- (10%) Culinary Garden
- Help with planting, harvesting and general garden maintenance in the Inglenook culinary gardenSupervisory Responsibilities: N/AEducation/Experience: Must have worked as a cook for at least three years, or have equitable experience
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Job Requirements:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.Physical Demands:O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
- F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
- N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
Stand – O, Walk – O, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – O, Reaching Outward – O, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – N, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – O, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less, F
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, F
51 – 100 lbs, O
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, F
13-25 lbs, F
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Other: Currently Serve Safe certified or the equivalent thereof