Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (List the primary duties and responsibilities that are a critical part of this job. For each major responsibility, indicate the estimated percentage of time spent.)
- Trades: (40%)
- Electrical, changing outlets, switches, fixtures. Setting timers. Creating new electrical runs.
- Plumbing, Changing fixtures, roto-rooting. Copper, abs, PVC installation/repair as needed.
- Adjusting doors, cabinets, windows. Helper in new projects and woodworking in shop.
- Changing filters, setting thermostats and making adjustments as needed.
- Equipment Operations: (30%)
- Operating of equipment on property to include:
- Man Lift
- Roller and grader
- Forklift once qualified for this property.
- Maintenance Duties: (15%)
- Polishes metalwork.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies, cleans and monitors public restroom areas.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments; drives forklift once certified.
- Sets up tables and chairs in Chateau as needed by Tasting Room or Events departments.
- May be required to work special events as maintenance support, as needed.
- May be required to work with grounds maintenance team, as needed.
- Cleaning Duties: (15%)
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, woodwork, and trim.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, stairways, and other work areas.
Supervisory Responsibilities: (List the types of jobs that report to this position and the estimated # of incumbents.)
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; but certain “Lead” positions may provide work leadership to entry level maintenance workers and/or have designated areas of the property in which they are the “lead” to work being performed.
Job Requirements: (Please indicate the minimum required.)
Education/Experience: High school education or equivalent; or up to three years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – F, Walk – F, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – F, Reaching Outward – F, Reaching Above Shoulder – F, Climb – O, Crawl – O, Squat or Kneel – F, Bend – F, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less, F
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, F
51 – 100 lbs, O
Over 100 lbs, N/A
12 lbs or Less, F
13-25 lbs, F
26-40 lbs, F
41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)