Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trades: (50%)
- Performs electrical troubleshooting, changes outlets, switches, fixtures and sets timers. Installs conduits and pulls wire for new circuits and equipment. Knowledge of NEC highly desired.
- Maintains existing plumbing and performs repairs and new installations as needed. Must be able to work with Copper, Galvanized, PEX, ABS and PVC. Knowledge of code highly desired.
- Skilled in carpentry. Can install and repair doors, cabinets and windows. Knowledge of older construction techniques and materials is highly desired for accurate preservation of the historic estate buildings.
- Diagnoses HVAC systems, makes minor repairs on compressors, evaporators, condensers and other system components. Adjusts settings, charges systems and change filters. Must also possess understanding of gas and electric heaters and evaporative coolers.
- Equipment operations: (20%)
- Must be skilled at equipment operation. To include man-lifts, booms, forklifts, graders, rollers, back-hoes, excavators and dump trucks.
- Maintenance Duties: (20%)
- Becomes the subject matter expert on estate and production equipment and performs routine maintenance on all estate building and production processing equipment.
- Gains a strong understanding of winemaking and cellar processes in order to successfully plan and execute preventative maintenance and repairs in a manor conducive to operations.
- Helps control costs and ensures budgets stay on track. Makes recommendations to lower costs. while maintaining equipment performance levels and quality of product.
- Helps to schedule contractors and works side by side with them, communicates planned contractor activities and sets expectations with stakeholders.
- Ensures infrastructure performance through daily monitoring and adjustment. Improves upon routines.
- Other Duties: (10%)
- Cleans and polishes wood and metalwork. Replaces light bulbs.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments; drives forklift once certified.
- Sets up tables and chairs in Chateau as needed by Tasting Room or Events departments.
- May be required to work special events as maintenance support, as needed.
- May be required to work with grounds maintenance team, as needed.
- 10 years experience in facilities maintenance or related construction field.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – F, Walk – F, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – F, Reaching Outward – F, Reaching Above Shoulder – F, Climb – O, Crawl – O, Squat or Kneel – F, Bend – F, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less, O
11 – 20 lbs, O
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, O
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, N
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)