Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasting & Members Salon – (90%)
- Attend to the guests’ needs and assist in resolving any guest inquiries or complaints, taking into consideration appropriate options and elevating to manager if not resolved through this process.
- Keep up-to-date with ABC regulations, adhering to established company policies and procedures regarding the handling and service of wine.
- Possess a proficient knowledge of the estate wines and vineyards with a historical perspective in order to provide well rounded educational tours for guests.
- Expertly discuss wine with guest and assist guest with wine selections.
- Open wine bottles, taste wine before serving to guest for quality assurance.
- Process transaction on POS system, wrap merchandise, process forms for shipment.
- Inform guest of Wine Club membership options, detailing the benefits in order to sell memberships.
- Provide wine service/tasting and facilitate sales to guests in the Member’s salon.
- Set up and break down Tastings
- Maintain all tasting areas, keeping them clean and orderly according to established standards and policies.
- Keep up-to-date with reciprocal shipping laws and adhering to established policies regarding the shipment of wine.
- Assist with and maintain daily inventory and order processing of wine to replenish stock throughout Chateau.
- Assist in replenishing stock and depletions, including both wine and non-wine retail products.
- Assist with quarterly wine and non-wine inventory as needed.
- Chateau Hospitality – (10%)
- Support guest experiences throughout Chateau as needed:
- Bistro – provide table and bar service for guests
- Retail – give guests information about non-wine products and facilitate sales
- Concierge – welcome and assist guests with reservations, check-in, and questions
- Events – support event staff with tours, tastings, wine service, and sales during events
- Other special projects as directed
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities; but certain “Lead” positions may provide work leadership to other employees or take on additional responsibilities.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years experience presenting and selling ultra premium wine. Retail or restaurant experience preferred. Must be at least age 21 to serve alcohol.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Persuasive - Ability to influence others to change position or to adopt a specific point of view.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- POS proficient in RMS or similar system
- Knowledge of Napa Valley and vicinity amenities
- Knowledge of wine and wine making techniques at Inglenook and other major wine regions of the world.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – C, Walk – F, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – F, Reaching Outward – F, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – O, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –O, Bend – F, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less, F
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, F
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Indoors and outdoors, occasionally exposed to inclement weather.
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)
California Food Handle Card certified